Seed Commits to a Zero Carbon Footprint
Exciting news from the Seed team! This year, Seed Food & Wine Week is officially committed to a Zero Carbon Footprint! That means we're practicing what we preach when it comes to sustainability and environmental conservation.
Together with volunteer students we're excited to implement a whole series of practices to help us reduce our waste and cut our carbon footprint.
We hope that our efforts inspire our guests to put similar practices in place at home! After all, everyone can do their part to embrace the five Rs: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle.
Check out some of the things we're doing at Seed to protect our planet:
1. Drastically reducing printed invitations and marketing materials and using digital media instead
2. Working with Docuvision to print only with recycle and biodegradable papers and soy inks
3. Working with Waste Management who will provide waste stations (recycle, compost, landfill), volunteer students will man and educate attendees
4. Composting with Fertile Earth
5. Use bio-bags or plant-based plastic bags for compost, recycling, and landfill bins
6. Be a no-plastic straw event
7. Require all exhibitors and sponsors to utilize green/eco products for sampling
8. Offer complimentary shuttle on Festival Day from the BRIGHTLINE
9. Offer discounts to all attendees who bike to the festival
10. All leftover perishable and non-perishable foods will be donated to the Miami Mission and Feeding America
11. Purchased Solar Energy credits with FPL
12. No styrofoam or balloons allowed
13. No balloons at the events
14. Use of local suppliers whenever possible
15. Source local and seasonal ingredients
16. Use recycled, sustainable, up-cycled goods in design and decor of the festival including up-cycled pallet walls
17. Working with TerraPass to offset remaining Carbon Footprint
We can't wait to see you at Seed! Be sure to score your tickets before they sell out!