We are committed to creating a Zero Waste Event, and have joined forces with volunteer students to implement a comprehensive program.
Please join us in building a more sustainable Miami.
This year we are
Drastically reducing printed invitations and marketing materials and using digital media instead
Working with Docuvision to print only with recycle and biodegradable papers and soy inks
Working with Waste Management who will provide waste stations (recycle, compost, landfill), volunteer students will man and educate attendees
Composting with Fertile Earth
Use bio-bags or plant-based plastic bags for compost, recycling, and landfill bins.
Be a no-plastic straw event
Require all exhibitors and sponsors to utilize green/eco products for sampling
Offer complimentary shuttle on Festival Day from the BRIGHTLINE
Offer discounts to all attendees who bike to the festival
10. All leftover perishable and non-perishable foods will be donated to the Miami Mission and Feeding America
11. Purchased Solar Energy credits with FPL
12. No styrofoam or balloons allowed
13. No balloons at the events
14. Use of local suppliers whenever possible
15. Source local and seasonal ingredients
16. Use recycled, sustainable, up-cycled goods in design and decor of the festival including up-cycled pallet walls
17. Working with TerraPass to offset remaining Carbon Footprint